Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why I'm Giving Prince A Lap Dance and Trent Reznor A Cup of STFU

Those of you who have been following this blog (Thanks Mom!) know that I've been very critical of Guitar Hero, Rock Hero, Rock Band and the artists who have allowed their music to be featured in these games. Well, I'm happy to report that I have been vindicated by none other than his Royal Badness. Yahoo Music has reported that Prince, using an excerpt from his recent appearance on the Tavis Smiley show, has turned down millions of dollars and denied the makers of Guitar Hero access to his music. Why? Prince says - and I'm affectionately paraphrasing here - that he prefers if people learned how to play his music on a real guitar. Wow! A plea for gamers to play music on real instruments and not just idly score points on a toy guitar and from the mouth of a very accomplished musician......aaah sweet vindication. It's yummy! As you may recall Prince has been recently "dissed" by Trent Reznor for releasing lackluster material. I'd like to remind Reznor that Prince is an artist, which means he's not automatically going to have 5 hits per album, and he will always be challenging his fans with new and exciting music. (Hell, in all honesty, Prince's farts probably sound better than any of the songs that top the Billboard charts these days.) So Trent, I still like you but you may want to hush and pay attention to how a musician with integrity thinks. Make sure you share this with Perry and the boys on the tour bus. And as for you, Prince, I know you're a Jehovah's Witness and not "dirty" anymore but this lap dance is on the house. I can keep a secret if you can.;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment