Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 20, 2010

Me and DADT Lady Gaga


I've said before that I am not a big fan of Lady Gaga. I went as far as calling her the George W. Bush of music out of frustration with her stale dance tunes and gimmicky need to shock for the sake of shock, which she recently demonstrated with that um meat dress she wore at last Sunday's MTV Video Awards. However, La Gaga won major points with me with her rally in Maine to support the repeal of the military's "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy that is attached to a military spending bill scheduled for a vote in the Senate tomorrow. I am a feverent supporter of equal rights for all Americans, which includes same sex marriage and the right for homosexuals to serve openly in the military. On this issue, I stand in total agreement with her and I applaud her courage in speaking out against blatant discrimination. This courageous act impressed me more than the most outrageous outfit in La Gaga's wardrobe. However, I'm still working up the nerve to buy The Fame Monster. I'll keep y'all posted when I do...right after I purchase my copy of The Mars Volta Rock Band video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment