Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Remember Cheap Trick?


Today is Cheap Trick Day! Remember them? In case you don't they are the power quartet consisting of two pretty boys and their sardonic doppelangers. They were ironic before it became wallpaper. Their songs had catchy hooks and a sense of humor. And those songs. Yes those glorious songs...."Surrender," "Dream Police," "I Want You to Want Me." As a member of the MTV Generation my first Cheap Trick experience was watching their video for "The Flame." I was struck not such by the song, which is awesome, but by Rick Nielsen or rather the comedy stylings of Rick Nielsen. In every shot of Rick, he is hillariously mugging for the camera. It was love at first sight for me. A crush was born that has endured. Cheap Trick is truly a one-of-a-kind band that makes me proud to be an "old school" Rock fan. To you and yours "Happy Cheap Trick Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment